south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 4 - October 14

Mitchell first Baptism 


All is going well here, and time is flying by. This next weekend I am babtizing one of our investigators. His name is Sindisani, and he is a great guy. He has been teaching me so much. I feel kind of bad babtizing him because Elder Brasher my companion was one of the original missionaries teaching him. Exciting Stuff.

I really miss seeing mountains let alone going up. I miss just riding up the mountain in the truck and enjoying the cool air.  I hope the deer hunt goes well. I will miss those early mornings riding up the mountain. Hunting season is one of my favorite times of the year.

Most the people speak Zulu in our area, but most do speak english. Some do not understand english very well, but for the most part they do. I have been able to understand most people very well. The one thing we have to do in our lessons is teach very simple. We must almost teach like they are children so they can understand.


I have definetly been very humbled by peoples living conditions. They do live in mostly huts, but some are more like homes. The plumping is mostly outdoor water, not in there huts. There are running toilets in most places that are shared by a few homes. There are also some very nice homes we visit, so there is a great contrast. I am very greatful for a our big home, and I know people would be amazed at the living conditions I come from. But my flat is very nice. Just like living at home. 



Everything has been going pretty well. I have realized this is very hard work. I miss you and everyone else very much. You are on my mind all the time. I think of you constantly. I have been working hard, and it is making the time pass very quickly. Thank you very much for your encouragement, and your great example all through my life. I realize now how good i had it growing up. Yesterday in church was the primary program. This reminded me of you mom a whole lot. I miss you singing primary hymns, but the little kids made me happy, and i enjoyed the program.



No comments:

Post a Comment