south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mitchell Week 3 - October 7

So my area is called Hospital View, and its a part of Tembisa, which is all a part of Jo-berg. My companion is Elder Brasher from Idaho. He has been a great trainer. We have had some awesome investigators so far, and Sindisoni is on track for babtizm the end of this month. Hospital view is a township. So it is some homes, and a lot of make shift homes, but everyone has electricity. It has been very humbling to be in these areas. The people have been very awesome, and very kind. Except for the drunk people. 
My living circumstances are great. We stay in a place called Kempton Park wich is about 15 min from Hospital view. Our flat is very nice. New appliances, two bathrooms, nice living area. It is like a condo. In Hospital view there are a lot of different situations of people. Some live in shacks, but some are very nice homes. Everything has fences around it here. Even the little shacks have fences. Everyone here has a tv even if there home is small, and like a shack. Most the streets are paved, but very narrow. The driving here is crazy, and pretty mush anything is legal. The taxis are allowed to just turn on there flashers, and that means anything goes, so they could just cut our infront of you. We also have a car everyday. In our flat it is just me and elder Brasher, so just a 2 man flat. 
My health is very well. We shop at a grocery store like in the states.  The food is different brands, but mostly the same. In our place we have a stove, oven, and microwave.  My flat is very nice. I will try my best to stay healthy.    I have been blessed my whole life, and being out here I see all I  have been blessed with and I am very humbled.


Mitchell is wandering among the shacks, tin roof houses and decrepit structures of Tembisa, North of Johannesburg, South Africa


No comments:

Post a Comment