south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7 2014 - Week 42


Dear mom, 

It sounds like it has been an adventure of a week.  I am glad you got rain, and speaking of rain we got a very small shower one day, and surprisingly it still smelled good. I guess it is fire season again, sorry it is so dry.

It sounds like you did a lot of fun stuff this weekend. It has been a while since I was at Foote ranch. That is good that Blake had fun on the horses. I want to do stuff like that more when I get back. It sounds like panguitch  cabin was fun. I am excited to see pictures of panguitch cabin and improvements you have made.

That is cool you got to talk to Ryan Foote about this mission. I think I knew he was here, but I kind of forgot. Yeah Secunda is a pretty hard area. Especially the other guys working here, Eldrer Barton and Willimbe. They only had 4 lessons this past week. They are in the harder area. But my area is still pretty hard. President Omer was pretty strict about some stuff.  He basically made our while mission a walking mission. We have to park the cars and walk everywhere in our areas. I really liked president Omer though, but excited to have President Dunn.

I forgot that dad and Blake were going to Dominic Republic.  That will be a fun adventure I am sure. I hope all goes well for them in travel and doing dental work. 

The meeting with the Dunn's was awesome! They knew exactly who I was. They were so impressed with you and how you traveled all the way from cedar to hear them speak at their farewell.  They were so touched that you came all that way. I am grateful you went and met them. I think he will be a great president. He seems like he will be very relaxed, and not so strict. 

That is cool that you were able to talk to Downs and Mike McNett about South Africa. I have been thinking and I probably will just stay and start school spring semester. I also think it would be very cool for you to come pick me up and go around and do some fun things. 

The weather had been pretty mild this week. During the day it is very nice. I just wear short sleeves. When it gets dark it normally starts to cool off. I normally carry a sweater with me to put on when it gets dark. We normally don't stay out much after dark though. I haven't had to use my long jacket at all. I normally only use that in rain, and it is dry season right now. Speaking of that I am sure all the Down family saw when they visited, was dry grass. It isn't green at all right now. It is just ugly and dry. 

I have watched a few World Cup games just at people's homes. I have been following it pretty close, and we ask everyone about it. I was really sad that the US lost in overtime. It is weird to think that the World Cup was happening here 4 years ago. 

I haven't heard anything about iPads being used here at all. I think it would be too dangerous. They would probably get stolen. 

The teaching had gone ok. Still do not have any solid investigators. We are still finding people,  which is no fun. I wish the work here happened like it was supposed to, and members would give more referrals. We have some good lessons in Evander this week. Our most promising investigator is named Lorraine. We put her on date for baptism this week. We also found out she has a daughter. She is an 18 year old girl in her 12th grade year. Also in Evander we found a cool young family. Marsha and Aldrige Van Roii. They are colored, but mostly white Afrikaans people. They seem pretty solid. They have 2 little boys that are probably younger than 5. We have been knocking a lot of gates also! This isn't too much fun. 

I am glad Calvin and Carson look up to me. I am not the best example, but I am trying. I asked dad about that grill for the car one time, so I'm glad Calvin talked him into it! Ha Ha.  Look forward to a picture of the Cadillac. 

Are transfers are 2 weeks from tomorrow.  I will most likely be leaving here, at least I really hope so! I am getting sick of Secunda, and I need a new start. 

I hope that everything is going well. It is always good to hear from you, and just have a piece of reality. I hope you are doing well, and not missing me too bad. I hope you are having a fun summer. I love you. 

Love 

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment