south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12 , 2014 - Week 34


Dear Mom,

It was a very fun day, especially to speak with you. It is crazy that it has already been 5 months since I last spoke with you. The time really does fly by. It was great to talk to you, and it think it really helped me. I didn't feel too homesick while I was talking to you, but after was bit hard, but I am ok.  I know that I am being watched over, and that the Lord is protecting and helping me. I have seen this a lot. I am staying pretty positive, but there are some really hard days. I really do get discouraged some days, and just want to be done, but I keep going and it gets better. It was so great to see everyone, and to know everyone is doing great. Everyone looked great, and it was just great to see and hear everyone. 

Elder Dye my new companion and I are doing better.  It is hard to adjust and change. I will keep trying to please him, and I hope things will get better. I might have to stay with him for another transfer.


I am glad that Levi did well in his farewell. I am sure he will be a great missionary. I will email him before he heads out. I am sure that will be very hard for Robert's family to leave. The kids especially have lived there all of there lives. I hope that they can adjust quickly. I am glad it was a good mothers day program, and I hope you felt like a good mother because I am pretty sure you are the best mom in the world!!!

It sounds like it was a very crazy and eventful weekend. That is so exciting that Ashley received her endowments. 
I am sure that is very exciting for Grandma to have 3 grandchildren receive there endowments in one week. 

I am so grateful for the plan of salvation, and it is so grate to help people see that we can be with our families forever. It is definitely building my testimony, and it helps me a lot to get through the hard times just reflecting on the plan of salvation. 


That is really crazy to hear about all the snow that came. I can't believe that much snow came this late in the year, but i guess that is cedar weather. I hope that it didn't do too much damage to power lines and trees and things! You will have to send some pictures of the snow that came down. 

Well It has been a good week for me. We taught some good lessons. We have two really solid investigators that will be baptized next month, I told you yesterday that it would be the end of this month. There name are Kalvin and Lindo. They both have ties to the church through family, so that has helped them a lot. Kalvin is 14, and Lindo is 18. I am teaching very well with Elder Dye, which is good.  We have been teaching quit a bit, and we have adjusted to each others teaching very quickly. It has been great to teach lessons. I think we had about 13 lessons this week, which is a bit low, so we will try for better this next week. 


That is weird to thing that Randall's wedding is coming up so quick. I am sure it is exciting, yet stressful. I also hope that you will be able to get things prepared, and that you will have everything ready to your satisfaction.  

I am so grateful for you and for the rest of the family. You really do help me to keep a good attitude and move forward. I hope that everyone stays healthy and well.  I love you a bunch, and again it was so fun to see you and the family yesterday. I know what I am doing is the right thing.


Elder Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment