south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014 - Week 20


Dear Family and Friends                                                                                    February 3, 2014

You asked about whom we were teaching and how we find investigators.  Well everyday we normally drive from each appointment. We do go tracking and walk up and down the streets. The streets between shacks are normally paved. It is kinda scary sometimes because there are a lot of drunk people.  I will try to write some things down this week to tell you as I email next week so you can know more about my lessons and things I am doing each day, and something about those we are teaching.  

You asked what I was eating; well my diet is basically the same as back home. I have been eating out a lot lately which isn't good. We eat breakfast(cereal, eggs, oats), lunch(frozen pizza, sausage rolls, and other stuff), and dinner we are fed by members some. They feed us rice and chicken a lot. We also eat peanut butter and jelly if we don't get fed because we are lazy when we get back at night.

I am glad to hear about the snow that is finally coming. Our weather is ok here. It hasn't been as hot here this past week. We have had a little bit of rain today, but it was nice. It has cooled it off a little bit. That is a bit of a bummer that dad wasn't able to fly up to Salt Lake. It is good that you got some snow. 

Well I am a bit sad that I missed region swimming. That is too bad to hear about Calvin's heal. I saw the picture on dropbox. Well that is really exciting that Calvin did so well. He probably could have done better if his heal wasn't throbbing, but oh well. Those times were way better than mine at the end of my freshman year, so let him know how proud I am. Thanks for keeping me up on what is going on in the family.

Sorry this letter is a bit of a short response. This week has been good I guess. We didn't have many lessons again, and it was a bit hard to be motivated this week. I have had a hard time getting motivated lately, and I know it's not good. I hope that I will receive your package soon. The Hillams at the mission office told us that the mail people are on strike, so I hope that I will get your letters and package. This week also we drove through an animal reserve, so I took some cool pictures. I saw some zebra's, lions, springboks, wildebeests, and hippos. It was pretty cool to finally see some animals. Well I hope you have a great week, and know I love you. Thank you for all your support and love.
Love
Elder Mitchell Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment