south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014


Feb. 17, 2014
Dear Mom,

It sounds like it has been a super eventful week! That is super exciting about the Olympics. I have seen some Olympic flashes at member’s houses. I have not seen any of the interesting stuff like snowboarding though. That is sad that there is no snow coming to Cedar. I’m sorry there is no snow and that Brian Head isn't doing well. I guess that makes me not miss it though, and feel bad I am not up snowboarding, that is good. 

This week has been great here. We got 4 new investigators. 3 of them are really promising, and even 2 of them are already on date to be baptized. This will probably happen after I leave the area, but it is good we are teaching some solid people. I think I will be transferred in 4 weeks from tomorrow. It will be good, but I am nervous. I don’t really want a new companion because elder Robins and I get along well. Today is exactly 5 months, and it is awesome. It seems like the time has flown, and also like it has gone really slow. I just try not to focus on the time, even though it is really hard. Interesting things this week, I had to eat chicken feet, and chicken intestines. This was really nasty, but I guess not too bad. 
I am glad you are getting my letters. I have not sent one in a few weeks, so I will get on that. I know I say this every week, so sorry for my procrastination. I have not got a letter from you in a few weeks, so I hope they didn't get burned, because I normally get one every week. I will let you know what I get this week. That is very fun that the family wrote some letters, and I look forward to receiving them.

So my package arrived last week on Wednesday, and the zone leaders go to the office every Thursday morning. They had already left to the office Thursday morning, so they could not get my money to pay for the package. So I will get it this Friday. 

Well it sounds like Calvin has been working very hard this week. That is good that he did, and it sounds like it paid off. Sounds like state swim was very exciting. The team did really well. There were quit a few people to metal, and that is a lot better than last year. I’m proud and excited that Calvin did so well. His times are super fast for being a freshman. I am glad also that Nathan won the 50, and not Makie. That is cool that that both Nathan and Makie did so well in the 100. Is Makie a senior this year? Well you will have to tell the team good job for me. I really miss going to swim meets, and especially supporting Calvin. I also miss just swimming, and being in the water.  I think I will try to do some club swimming when I get back. 

That is fun that you are able to spend time with Ashley when you go up to Salt Lake. That must be really nice having here close. I am glad that you had a good Valentines with the family. That is exciting about Randall, but kind of scary. I hope he is really sure about this. I am sure it will all work out just fine though. (serious with a girl and thinking engagement).  It sounds like you had a fun family gathering preparing for Lance to arrive. It is so weird to think he is home already because it seems like he just left. I still remember being in wood class with him, and it seems like that was just this last school year. 

It sounds like you will have a super busy week. I am sorry, but I am sure you will make it. I hope you don’t get to overwhelm with everything. Good luck and you will have to let me know how Calvin does at senior state this week end.  

I’m glad you got pictures of the animal reserve.  The animal reserve was super fun!! It was just elder Robins and I that went. We just drove our car around. You pay, and you can drive anywhere you want. It was super fun. So the pictures of me are taken by elder Robins. It was a fun day. 

That is fun to hear about Brock Englestead. Again that is weird Lance is home. I am sure that he has matured so much. He was pretty immature before he left, so I am sure he has grown up a whole lot. That is weird he has lost weight because he was already a rod. I have definitely gained weight. I hope I don’t get a mission belly. I have been trying to exercise, and my arms are bigger. I think it is great work to re-activate people because we have like almost 200 on record, and like less than 100 active. So we have a lot to work with trying to re-activate.


Well thank you so much for your support and love. I am doing great, and I have not been homesick for a while. I miss home a lot, and just old routine, but I think that is just part of change in life. Well I love you, and i hope your busy week goes great. 

Love 
Your son

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment