south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 8 - November 10,13


Dear Family and Friends                                                        November 11, 2013
               All is well here. My week has been great. We actually got a lot of work done because we didn’t have a lot of meetings. We had six investigators come to sacrament yesterday, which was great. Our ward is still kind of struggling with activity. 
               Our weather is fairly nice. This past week it has started to get pretty hot. I don’t know if it is just cause my blood is getting thick because I’m used to cold at this time or what. But our apartment does not have an AC. It is a lot like Hawaii nowhere has ac. But it has a lot of windows, so it hasn’t got to hot there, and luckily we are never there in the middle of the day.
        Well I am not eating anything weird. The only different thing i am eating is pop. The only way I can describe it is like a little bit harder type of cream of rice. I actually like it, and it is pretty good.
        I am actually using my ancestor book every few days. In my personal study I read a story almost every few days. It is really cool to learn more about my ancestors, and I am really grateful for them. Thank you so much for making that book for me.
      The discussions are going well. With Partson we have ran into a problem because he is not legally married here in South Africa, he was tribally married in Zimbabwe. So until he has a marriage certificate he cannot get baptized. This is kind of sad because he was progressing so fast. We have a few other investigators, but non-that are really progressing fast.
       We have been working with less actives to try to boost our ward. In lessons I am doing much better. I am actually leading lessons like doing most the talking instead of just sitting there. Before I would just bear testimony on things. I have learned to open my mouth and the Holy Ghost has just filled my mouth with what I need to say. This is really cool because I am learning to trust the lord. This also referees back to my patriarchal blessing when it tells me in the second or third paragraph to trust in the Lord. I am learning this principal.                   All is going well here. Tell everyone Hello for me, and that I love them.
Love 

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment