south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015


Dear Mom,

As always it is great to hear from you, and to make it to another Monday!! 
New Companion so said farewells to Peterson– glad to hear Elder Peterson had good things to say about me.  I read through the email that Elder Peterson sent you and dad. He is a great kid.  We had some differences but we really worked through it, and we did form a great companionship. There were definitely a lot of challenges, but I grew a lot from it. He was transferred to Klerksdorp. He was very sad to leave, especially Jackie(investigator) . But I have heard form him this week, and he is doing well. He is in a half biking area, so he doesn't really like that. 
Last Monday Elder Peterson and I went to Gold Reef City. It is an amusement park I guess. It is like a small Lagoon. We went with Jackie and Nathan, and it was a ton of fun!! I put a lot of pictures on dropbox of that.  
My new companion is Elder Jackson. He is from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is 20, and he graduated in 2013. He went to BYU for 2 semesters, then came out. He is in Elder Peterson's group, so he has been out 14 months. We get a long super well, and he is a lot of fun. He loves sports and things too, and our personalities are pretty much the same. We have really had a great week. 

Had a good week with our Easter campaign- “Because He lives”.  We did great with our pass along cards!! It has been a fun week just using Easter to bring people to the gospel. We also have a huge magnet on the side of our car, and we just talk to people as we are driving by them in traffic. It is pretty fun I guess. We will still be doing our "Week of Witnessing" until Wednesday. In our zone we have been going around to the different area's and helping them Blitz their area's, and we will be doing our area on Wednesday. I think it will be great to just get us some new investigators. 

It has been a great Easter for me. I think I really have had my thoughts focused on the Savior this whole week coming up to Easter. I am so grateful for the Savior, and all that is possible because of him. The video Because He Lives is great. I really have just been reflecting on feeling in the rest of that sentence, what is possible because He lives. 
Also I guess last night we went over to the Adam family for an Easter dinner. It was really fun to just have a Braai and have fun. The Crankshaws were there as well with the Molema family from our ward. It was just fun to actually have a bit of a celebration of party of some sort for Easter. 

It sounds like it has been a really fun week!! I am glad you could get our and have fun. I told dad that I miss just having holiday. I remember a couple years ago the dunes were freezing around this time! The trailer is probably really nice to have. That is great that you had Ashley down for the weekend, and Blake over to spend some time. I looked through the pictures, and it looks like you had fun up hiking with the dogs! 

You asked about my back pack and book bag.  I have been using my man purse a little.  I never really used a back pack unless I was walking. In this area I have had a car full time, so I haven't used any bag. They are trying to totally do away with us using backpacks for the area. President has found some place for really cheep, and is making it possible for all the missionaries to get a bag and they put the mission name and elders name on it.  I don't think I will get one because I already have two. 

 I haven't seen any mail yet. There might have been some that came last week that I didn't get from the Zone leaders.  I will check with them today, but I am sure it will get here soon. I will let you know when I get any. 

I am proud of you for excising It is not easy. I even loose motivation to work out and stay in shape. I think it is a lot harder to not be able to swim.  I hope that you have a great week, and know that I love you. 

Love 
Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment