south africa elephants

south africa elephants

Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16 - Week 13




Dear Family
Thank you so much for your word of support as I am starting training. I do still feel like a new missionary, but as I have had to take on responsibility it makes me feel more comfortable here. My new companions name is Elder Robins. He is from Idaho somewhere. He is an awesome kid. (Trainer is the dad, trainee the son or kid) We have had a lot of fun together! One new thing about my area is we got a new bishop. The first councilor that has been running the ward He is now the bishop. I think this will really help our area, and improve the work.

We have been opening Christmas gifts! I opened a few with elder Brasher, but now I am opening them with elder Robins. It is really fun, and fun to read the hints and things. Thank you for all the hard work you put into putting them all together. It is something fun for both of us to do!  Elder Brasher is now in Sunnyside Pretoria. I am not sure if this is a town or a township. But I told him thank you a whole bunch he was a great trainer. 

I have received all three packages you sent, and i don’t think they were missing anything. I really enjoyed all of them. We have watched a few of the movies already, but I think we will save one for Christmas day. It is really weird because it is less than ten days from Christmas, and it doesn't even seem like Christmas time. Without snow it is very different. The people really don’t act like they are in the Christmas spirit either. I think we will try to share some Christmas messages, and hopefully I will feel of the Christmas spirit. 

 My Fabric tree has been up since the first of the month! I got a lot of ornaments this past week. I got yours with you and dad, Calvin, Carson, Shasta, and Lucy last week. I will try to put a picture on drop box of it today with all the ornaments on the tree.  Thanks to everyone that sent a note and/or ornament. 

So we are going to go to our church to call and skype.  The church has internet, and i think it is semi fast, so I hope I will be able to see you on skype Christmas day.  

So this week has been good, but not very productive. We had transfers on Tuesday, so we didn't get to the area tell very late, and it had been raining all day. The people we had scheduled to meet were in dirt areas, so we couldn’t drive to them, and we ended up cancelling. The rest of the week we have also had a bunch of Cancellations. Around this time of year everyone is going home with family for the holidays,  and so there is like no one home. The most lessons we had this week was 3. So it was a bit disappointing because we normally have like 6 or 7 a day. It was a good week though with elder robins, and we are having fun together. All around the mission the work slows down in December, but this is normal.
 It will be wonderful to have a new bishop! This will be great because we will be able to push forward with the work and get help from the ward. I don’t really have anything too exciting to tell you, so sorry. Our area is still struggling, and its been a long time since we had a baptism. A lot of our solid investigators have become flaky, so we have been trying to find new investigators this past week. 
One thing that is very good is i have not been feeling homesick, or missing home this week. I think taking on the responsibility of being the trainer, and the one in charge, I have gotten over my homesickness. This has made it a really good week.

Thank you for all the updated about things.  Love you, and miss you.

Love

Elder Mitchell Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment